Monday, December 21, 2015

Fall 2015 Anime Season Wrap-up


Fall 2015 Anime Season Wrap-up

Warning: The following post may contain spoilers from the shows I watched from the Fall 2015 anime season. If you wish not to know some plot details in the stories, or simply don't wish to find out what happens in the series that are mentioned, please exit the tab, and come join me once you've watched the first few episodes. But than again, if you don't mind spoilers, feel free to stay put.

Also, the pictures for my special posts are chosen at random. Code Geass yet again, but this time, it's quite right for Fall. ;)

So with that said, let's get started:

This year has shown itself and packed its bags in a flurry. I'm still stunned at how fast this year has gone for me, and it's been awesome! Great anime, good progress on my Youtube channel, some nice new friends, and of course awesome books! But back to anime before I ramble.

This Fall season suffered the same problem as the Winter season did for me, but in the opposite way. While Winter has the most dropped shows out of the ones I followed or saw in that time-span (minus the awesome 2nd season of Kamisama Kiss and Death Parade), this season is really weak in shows I'm interested in watching. There was only a couple that made me want to go, "Oh! I'd watch this!"

Well, at least I didn't drop any shows this season. So cheers for that!

Like always, these will be my own opinions on shows that I completed this season. You can feel free to disagree with me, as long as you're not rude about it. With that, let's move forward!

Let's start off with the shows that I managed to watch from last season from that pool of beauties! Castle Town Dandelion and Gangsta were the shows I saw/completed, so let's talk about them:





Castle Town Dandelion has been put on hold for now after the first 2 episodes. While Episode 1 was very funny and quite cute, Episode 2 just lacked something for me. I found the humor to not be as good, and I just wasn't feeling it. So I'm a little concerned with how the show might deal with that as it goes on, Also, I have more interesting shows I'd rather watch than it.

Gangsta I did manage to finish. A link to the review will be provided here: http://dazzlinganime1.blogspot.com/2015/11/gangsta-review.html


This series was actually pretty good for the most part, but the confusing story and the overall ending were a bit off to me. If you want to find out more, you can just click the link above to read it.


It's that time to go over the 2 shows I followed this season, so let's bring them on out:









Dance with Devils and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.

Unlike the past 3 seasons of this year, I didn't end up with the situation of liking both shows. This time, I only managed to like one of them. And that would be Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. Because compared to Dance with Devils, it's leagues beyond it.


Dance with Devils has only 1 episode left to air by the time I write this, and it was a disappointment overall. Though the anime wasn't completely horrible, as it has some consistent and pretty animation, along with a better score from Elements Garden, the story manages to get dragged down in the 2nd half, as well as the characters being so poorly developed that love confessions come spilling out of nowhere.


Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, on the other hand, had some nice characters that got some development. Even though it follows some of the tired tropes that are often used in so many light novel adaptations that are known for harems and sci-fi, it manages to go beyond that with some great animation and action. It also boasts one of my favorite anime OST's of the year, so that's something.


Both reviews for these shows will be coming out in a few weeks, so stay tuned!


Now onto the 2 remaining shows out of the season that peg my interest. Compared to the past few seasons, this is a little less, but again, there weren't a lot of shows that caught my eye.




Heavy Object.

At first, I was kind of meh to this show. But then I started thinking about it, and I'm like, "You know what? I'll give it a chance eventually." Not only is this by the same LN author of A Certain Magical Index (another series I've been wanting to see), but I do like a good sci fi anime once in a while. So I think it'll be nice to see how this turns out.


Also, Shizuka Ito is in it, and her character looks pretty badass, so thumbs up to that.


The next one's so obvious, I'm pretty sure people could guess it within 1 second.



See? Told you.

One Punch Man.


Yeah, it's pretty simple why I want to watch this show. There's a lot of hype for it on the web (much like Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online) and since I'm far more interested in watching this rather than those two series (too gory, too overrated, and too meh are the 3 main reasons for those 2 combined), I'd rather watch it now before people break the internet and talk about how wonderful One Punch Man is,


Also, besides some great looking animation (like always) from Madhouse, we also have Saitama's facial expressions, which I'm sure are going to be iconic. I mean, just look:










Also, both Saitama and Genos are voiced by 2 seiyuus who voiced harem (one I count more as high fantasy) leads last year. Makoto Furukawa (Saitama) was Kamito:



And Kaito Ishikawa (Genos) was Tigre:



Both of them I actually liked, though I will admit that Tigre was far more rooted for in my book. But still, the show looks epic, so of course I'll watch it.

Speaking on the topic of Broadcast Dubs, FUNimation did 6, 2 of them being Dance with Devils and Heavy Object. I'm interested in checking out what Heavy Object's dub has to offer, but I'll be quiet on my thoughts for Dance with Devils's dub until I write it in my review. 


And that ends the last wrap-up of the year. What shows did you like out of this season, and which ones did you not like? Any shared opinions with my list?


Let's hope for more great anime to come in the new year everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment